The British Tag!

July 30, 2014

I've seen this tag popping up in so many YouTube videos and blog posts, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon!

The British Tag was started by Sammi, who I absolutely adore!

A rule for the British Tag is that you have to be drinking a cup of tea while doing it. So, I'm here with a huge mug of tea and I'm ready to get started!

1. How many cups of tea do you have a day? And, how many sugars?
I think it's pretty embarrassing as to how many cups of tea I drink everyday! I start my day off with tea, have a tea in the afternoon, and one, maybe two cups before bed. We're at 3-4 cups everyday! And, I take two and a half sugars in every cup of tea.

2. Favourite part of your roast?
This one is a real toughie, because I LOVE all parts of my roast. Even the peas! I think as long as everything is swimming in all that delicious gravy, I'm good to go. But, if I had to choose one part of my roast, it would be the roasties! They have to be crispy though!

3. Favourite dunking biscuit?
Whenever I'm drinking tea, a rule of thumb is that I HAVE to have a biscuit nearby. Maybe several. While I'm not too picky when it comes to the type of biscuit, however, I do have my absolute favourites. Chocolate digestives are the number one biscuit in my cupboard, right next to Maryland cookies (which technically aren't biscuits but still) and Nice biscuits. But then you've got gingernuts and hob nobs! 

4. Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
When I was younger, I loved going down to the seaside in Brighton, then in Cornwall! The weather was always so nice and warm, and then we'd get fish and chips and ice cream, and Cornish pasties... I miss those days!

5. Favourite word?
Something I say a lot, is "Y'alright?" I tend to greet people with it.

6. Cockney rhyme slang?
Apples and Pears = Stairs 
Where are my shoes?
Check the Apples and Pears.

Adam and Eve = Believe
Can you Adam and Eve it?

Butcher's Hook = Look
Let me have a Butcher's.

Those are my favourite three!

7. Favourite Sweet?
I don't eat sweets... But humbugs are pretty good!

8. What would your pub be called?
I had a long think about this, and I still can't decide. Probably something generic like "The Queen Victoria" or something!

9. No.1 British Person?
I didn't know who to choose from! I've got David Attenborough, Paul McCartney, Boris Johnson? The Queen?

10. Favourite shop/restaurant?
I feel like I should be saying Primark? But I love New Look! Restaurant wise, I'd be pretty happy with Toby Carvery. Or a McDonalds... I know that's technically American, but it's become such a huge part of Britain!

11. What British song pops into your head?
Chuckle vision, ch-chuckle vision!

12. Marmite?
Absolutely not.

Thanks for checking out my British Tag!

Leave a comment, and don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'!

Thanks, and I'll see you in the next one!

Malensu x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love this, Malensu!

    I'm soo with you on the crispy roasties - my absolute favourite!

    www.whatlauradoesnext.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They're absolutely the best!!

      Delete
  2. Great post! I'm going to have to try this tag out at some point! Love your blog Malensu!

    Beth xo
    www.bethelouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out this post!