The Future is Infinite!

August 20, 2014

Tomorrow is a big day for a lot of people, including me!

A Level results have already been released for a week or so, and I'm glad a lot of people have been accepted into the universities they chose. However, this wasn't the case for the rest of the hopeful applicants, as their results were not good enough for them to be accepted.

It's not the end of the world! 


Some of them will get in through clearing, so there is hope for everyone. 

But, for me, I'm not at the stage of applying to university yet!

If anyone that doesn't live in the UK wants to know, in England, you go to primary school, Years 1 to 6, then secondary school. "High school" over in America, is equivalent to years 10, 11, 12 and 13 here. College and sixth form are your final two years of education, should you so wish to continue after secondary school (which runs from Year 7 to Year 11). So, years 12 and 13 are your junior and senior years, respectively. So technically, on September 3rd, I'm going to be a junior!

"College" over this side of the pond, refers to your two years of A Levels.

Tomorrow I get my GCSE results, as I finished Year 11 in June. And while some people may not think they're as important as A Level results, I honestly think they're equally as important.

Your GCSE results determine what you study at sixth form or college, which in turn determines what you do with the rest of your life.

That's a pretty daunting thought!

I didn't really understand what teachers meant when they told us in assembly's "These next few weeks will be the most important weeks of your life". Now that my results day is a mere 20 hours and 56 minutes (at this current moment in time!) away, I really understand!

It's important, though, to remember that while your GCSE's are important, not everything rides on them! Lord Alan Sugar only left school with one GCSE!

I keep going through these random stages of not caring, to caring a little, to caring a lot, to becoming really nervous and heavily anxious. But, I know that whatever is in the envelope, I will just have to accept and move on. 

My bestie told me to watch this video, and I suggest you do too!




As the title of this post says, the future really is infinite. Not everyone decides to even move onto college or sixth form, some choose apprenticeships! It's not the end of the world if the results you achieve do not equal what you had in mind. 

The future is infinite!

Thanks, and I'll see you in the next one!

Malensu x 


My Links:




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for checking out this post!