What I Ate: Breakfast Edition

August 08, 2014

This previous week, I had all my favourite breakfasts!




Sweet and salty; I enjoyed them all!

While some are not aesthetically pleasing, they were very delicious. And kinda nutritious. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact days I had these, so they'll just have to be Number 1, Number 2 etc...

Breakfast #1



Porridge with strawberries and maple syrup

I LOVE Porridge. It fills me up, it's good for you, and it tastes nice! What's not to like?

Topped with fresh fruit and sweet syrup, it can easily become even more delicious, and even more nutritious. 

While syrup itself isn't very healthy, I use it to avoid artificial sweeteners and plain sugar.




Honestly, you don't even need syrup if you don't want it. The strawberries themselves are sweet enough.

This isn't in the picture, but I also paired this up with a cup of tea.

Breakfast #2



Porridge with blackberries, maple syrup and cinnamon

You're probably thinking "That is way too much cinnamon", and you're probably right. But, c'mon! When food tastes this good, you forget all these words like "too much" or "extra"!

These blackberries came straight from the garden. They're firm and juicy, and really really tart. This is balanced out by the sweet syrup.

The cinnamon is just an extra touch; it adds depth and smokiness to the already perfect breakfast.




As always, this is paired by another cup of tea.

Breakfast #3



Egg sandwich with banana bread and tea

I cannot get over how much I love eggs.

Which makes me love this breakfast even more!



Whenever I fry my eggs, I always, always, put a chunk of spinach in the egg mixture before frying. Sadly, we were all out of frozen and fresh spinach. 

Honestly, this did not taste the same!

As you can see above, I drenched this sandwich in barbecue sauce.

It's the only way to eat it.

This was accompanies by a slice of my mum's ("healthy") banana bread.


It's soft and delicious; especially a few minutes after it just comes out of the oven.

I think I'm drooling.

This was (obviously) accompanied by a cup of tea.



Breakfast #4



Porridge with bananas, maple syrup and cinnamon

Hooray for more porridge!

This one is just with half a chopped banana, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a swirl of syrup.

If I'm being honest, I didn't need to add the syrup to this one, as the banana was sweet enough!



And (obviously) some tea, and (new one!) half a jam-filled muffin!



This breakfast is just swimming in sugar...

And who on earth has a jam-filled muffin at breakfast time?

Breakfast #5



Porridge with nutella and cinnamon

I think this post is just turning into a "what to have on your porridge" post. I do love my porridge, though.

And no, that isn't a baby octopus in the centre of my bowl. It's a really strange shaped blob of nutella.

Nutella is just one of my favourite things to put on anything, so it obviously needed to come out to top my porridge.

This was also beautifully paired with a cup of tea.

Breakfast #6



Porridge with mashed banana and nutella

This looks like it's baby food; which it probably is!

My teeth were feeling way too sensitive for chewing purposes today, so instead of just chopping my banana, I had to resort to mashing it up.

The bananas combined with the nutella were sweet enough for the porridge, so I didn't need to add any syrup (thank goodness)!

And that's all!

Thanks so much for checking out this post, and I'll see you in the next one!

Malensu x

My Links:


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Those all look so yummy! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! More info here: http://emiladetheblog.blogspot.com/2014/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out this post!