August Favourites!

September 02, 2014

It's that time of the month again!




   
This month includes scents, books, nail varnishes and more!

Firstly, I've enjoyed trying to perfect my eyeliner game.

I bought a basic felt tip eyeliner at Primark a few weeks ago to just test the waters. I've never really been good at eyeliner, so I never bothered to do it. However, I began feeling a little bit braver and decided to try it out!


I'm still no expert at winged eyeliner yet, so I do still have some practicing to do.

If you're a newbie like me, then I would recommend a felt tip eyeliner to start off with, before venturing off to gel liners and whatnot.

Next up is this Essie nail varnish.




The shade is 'turquoise & caicos', which I think is similar to 'mint candy apple'. 

It's easy to apply, and in two or three coats, it's a lovely dark minty colour.

I also loved Elizabeth Arden's Red Door. 


I can't explain it; I feel old fashioned and lady-like whenever I wear some of this. Maybe it's because it was released in 1989.

I also loved Beyonce's perfume Heat. However, it doesn't last very long, and I need about two touch ups during the day.

Does the bottle slightly remind you of Jafar?




If you remember this post, you'll know that I was really excited to read Divergent. Well, I finished that within the week, and absolutely loved it!

Other bits and bobs I've enjoyed during August are some YouTube channels!

Firstly, I've watching Lily and Anna's weekly vlog playlists.

I've also been catching up with my favourite YouTubing families; The Nive Nulls and The SacconeJolys. I've also really been getting into Alfie and Tanya.

I think that's it, guys!

I hope September is as good as August was.

Thanks, and I'll see you in the next one!

Malensu x

My Links:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. That essie nail varnish looks so pretty! I love your blog btw :) I nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can find out what to do in my blog post http://sorryimearly.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/liebster-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that colour for Essie. Great choice and nice post :)

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I will do! :)

      Malensu x

      Delete
  4. I just read the divergent series too, after seeing the movie. Now I'm interested in seeing how they make the two other movies

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try to read the other two books before the movies come out!

      Malensu x

      Delete

Thanks for checking out this post!