Daily Saviour: Coconut Oil

December 22, 2014

Oils are a great versatile thing that can make anything better. Skin, hair, food, nails- literally think of something, and I guarantee there will be an oil to make it better. 

With that in mind, may I introduce the star of the show- coconut oil!


Here, I have the Superdrug brand that I got in-store. It is lightly fragranced, which won't make a huge difference when compared to organic oil. 


Coconut oil has many benefits, and here are a few of them:

1. It's excellent for hair. It's a great conditioner, moisturiser, has anti-dandruff qualities, reduced protein loss in the hair, and helps in healing damage. Just apply before detangling, after washing, and as part of a deep conditioner to have soft moisturised hair. 

2. It smells amazing! The smell is sweet and kinda fruity. I could literally smell nothing but coconut oil for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy.

3. Great for skin care. The oil is easily absorbed, leaving you with soft skin, any time. It also delays wrinkles and saggy skin, which is something we all want, I'm sure! 

I use it for my hair mostly, just get a bit in the morning and massage it into my scalp to stimulate hair growth. I'm also going to start using it for detangling soon, after watching this video by Naptural85, and this one by Chizi. I'm feeling up to the challenge!

It's important to note that it is solid at room temperature. Putting the bottle or jar in a big mug of hot water can help to loosen some of it for whatever you need it for. Alternatively, you can just get a chunk and rub it in the palms of your hands. It'll turn into oil in no time. In addition to that, if you plan on using coconut oil on a daily basis, you should use extra vigrin oil.

Yep, coconut oil is pretty brilliant. Tell me what you use oils for down below!



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love coconut oil too. The smell can be a bit strong but the benefits outweigh the cons. My hair feels great after I use it too.

    thecollectionofknowledge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just washed my hair with it mixed with conditioner, and it felt amazing! It's great.

    Malensu x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out this post!