Goals for 2015

December 29, 2014

2015 is fast approaching! January is almost here, and that's a perfect time to re-evaluate previous decisions, and make new decisions to live by in the new year. Having something to work towards over a period of 12 months can really make a huge difference day-to-day. 


1. Save money.
It's honestly never too late to save some extra cash, but I want to begin fresh in January. Me having extra money means I won't have to depend on parents any longer. There are a number of ways to save money, and I think the best way for me is to either save up £1 the first week of 2015, then £2 the second week, and so on. This time next year, I could save up to £1378! As unrealistic as this may seem for me, I really do want to give this a go. Another way is to save every £5 note I come across and every month to see how much has accumulated.

2. Bake more.
I really love to bake, and this past month I've been baking any cake I come across in a recipe book, or blog post. My favourite to this day is Shutterbean's Lemon Cake with Raspberries and Pistachios. I want to bake more, partly because I get yummy treats at the end of it, and also because it's something I do enjoy! The way I see it, if you enjoy doing something, do more of it. And more. And more.

3. Stop procrastinating!
It's no secret that I am a huge procrastinator. But, this negative attitude is the exact thing I want to be rid of. I don't want to stretch deadlines any longer. If I have an essay due in, I want to get it done as soon as possible. If I have a place to be, or something to plan, I want to be able to relax a week before, knowing everything is sorted. I don't want to panic a day before, staying up until 2 in the morning, ripping my hair out wondering "Why!?" Not only will I be able to take on more tasks, but I'll also have that peace of mind knowing I've done the right thing; not just laying on the sofa for a few extra hours. 

4. Be more hardworking.
This is especially important for me, as I have AS exams from May-June. Beginning to revise now will make sure I'm not cramming the day before my first exam. I want to be able to shut off from social media for a few hours each evening, and focus purely on school work. This seems like a huge task for me, but with willpower on my side, I'm sure I can do it!

5. Be more confident
*sighs*
My confidence levels fluctuate incredibly; sometimes I'll feel on top of the world, yet other times I'll hit rock bottom. Honestly, I'm sick of this rollercoaster! I know learning to trust what I can do and working on what I can't do will cause my confidence levels to remain high. Embracing the unknown, and taking more risks will also see me much more confident, and happy. 
"I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart."

- Vincent Van Gogh
I hope you all enjoy any New Years celebrations you have planned, and remember to enjoy 2015! It only comes around once.




You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. These are great goals! Not procrastinating is definitely a tough one, but you can totally do it! Thanks for sharing <3

    http://www.skinnybelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one that'll take the most work! :P

      Malensu x

      Delete
  2. I relate to a lot of these goals haha! I'm going to try your technique for saving money as that is one of my goals too! x

    http://lauren-anna.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! Hope I make it, too :P

      Malensu x

      Delete
  3. These are great goals. I can relate to the money saving and the stop procrastinating

    www.hcozens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to work on both!

      Malensu x

      Delete
  4. Great goals! I love it when people are specific and determined with their financial goals as I strive to be that way as well. Merry Christmas!

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to you, too!

      Malensu x

      Delete

Thanks for checking out this post!