Lang Leav

December 21, 2014

I absolutely love to read - books especially. But, I've never been too keen on investing time into reading poetry.

This is surprising, even for me, considering I used to love writing poems as a child, and once met poet Michael Rosen a few years back. I just have a strange love/hate relationship with poetry.

It feels old fashioned, and absolutely timeless, which is a huge advantage. But, at the same time, it can be out of date, or even sometimes boring. Does it have to rhyme, or not? How long should it be? All these confusing questions whizzing around my head very surely put me off writing again, or reading anymore. 

That was until I came across Lang Leav while on Tumblr.

Lang is a contemporary author that writes absolutely beautiful poems. Her two books Love and Misadventure and Lullabies are filled with short poems and passages that explore love and loss and everything in between. 

Here are a few of those from both books:





Both of these books could be a great gift to give to someone. The poems are much deeper than the surface level; you know she must have experienced a lot through her life to give her poems depth and so much meaning.

I really love coming across these online, and I hope you guys enjoy them too.

Thanks, and I'll see you in the next one!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for checking out this post!