Throwback Thursday: Westminster City

January 08, 2015

On the 1st December last year, I got the chance to go visit London for a day!

It was mainly part of my Government and Politics class, and we got to meet some politicians and ask questions and whatnot. Since everyone that came along was 16 and above, we were trusted with venturing out into London ourselves and going to meet the politicians at whatever times suited us, as long as we were in groups of three and above. 

So, my group and I stayed to listen to John Bercow (Speaker of the House of Commons), William Hague (Leader of the House of Commons), then Nigel Farage (Leader of UKIP). After Farage spoke, my group and I left the building and straight into Westminster Abbey!




...Which sat right next to the House of Commons...




I marveled at the beauty of London, and often got separated from everyone.
Trying to find affordable food was a wee bit impossible, so we took ourselves to the London Eye...

Once there, the boys went off in search of food, while the girls went all the way back and to The National Gallery. I was so in awe of all the artwork, and of course at the building itself! The only photo I managed to save from the hundreds I snapped was this one:

Whistlejacket | 1762 | George Stubbs
I absolutely loved every moment I spent in there! 

Then after the day was done, the girls and I found ourselves outside Downing Street. Literally found ourselves! I certainly didn't know where we were, then suddenly, there we were!


 On the other side of the road, there was a protest going on, and none other than Russel Brand right in the middle of it! We didn't even know he was there; only when I got home and watched the news did I see that we were literally 300 meters away from him! Unbelievable.

London was a pretty great city to find myself in, and I cannot wait to go back another time. The buildings were so beautiful; something great met your eye every time.

What's your favourite place in London?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for checking out this post!