The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever

August 01, 2016

Oh. My. Yum. 

When I tell you that these cookies were SO good, you may have to try them themselves to believe me. I know I just did a post on health, but we're all allowed treats every now and again, right?




Easy to make, delicious, crunchy and chewy at the same time, chocolate in each bite. Oh goodness, these are GOOD. My sister even said these taste like "real cookies" you buy in the shops, so I think I can get a pat on the back. They kinda remind me of chunky Maryland cookies, and I'm gonna share with you how I made them.

To begin, you will need...

1 1/4 cup plain flour
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 egg
115g softened butter
Start by creaming your butter and sugar. Other alternatives are part brown sugar and part white sugar, or dark brown sugar, but I decided to just use light brown sugar instead.

Cream those together until they are just combined. Over mixing makes for a nasty cookie.

Crack in the egg and mix again. Some vanilla extract can go in as well.

Sift in the flour, and add the salt and baking powder and mix until everything is well combined. If you want these really chewy, you can add in a teaspoon and a half of corn starch at this point, but I opted out.

Now comes the fun part. If you are that way inclined, you can mix in some oats and raisins. If you want these to be a bit healthier, you can add in some chopped nuts. But, as for me, I opted for chocolate chips. I actually used chocolate chunks, but it's all the same really. Pop any additions in and mix again.


Now you want to roll your cookie mixture into little balls. Make them as small or as large as you want. As a reference, I used two tablespoons worth of mixture for each cookie.

Roll them up and place them on a baking tray with some greaseproof paper on it.

I popped these into the fridge to firm them up for an hour, but if you want to skip this step, you can.

Otherwise, your oven should be pre-heated to 160°C or 325°F.

Make sure these are all spread apart at least 2 inches on all sides and place them in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or 8-12 if you didn't put them into the fridge.

After they're done, make sure they cool down (I know, I know) on the tray before transfering them to a wire rack so they can cool a little bit more.

And there you have it! Easy peasy cookies ready, at the very least in 30 minutes!

You can also freeze the little balls before baking if at any point in the future you want freshly baked cookies on the spot. Ideally, you want these to cool down completely before tucking in, but if you can't wait that long, I won't judge you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for checking out this post!