What I'm Listening To

August 08, 2016


Music is one of my favourite things to get lost into. I'm pretty fluid with what I listen to; I can start the day with indie, gospel, or rock, and end my day with metal, pop or even classical! Recently, there have been some songs I have been listening to to get myself in a good mood, or enjoy the feeling of summer, and today, I'm gonna share with you what some of those favourites have been.

The first song I've had on repeat is Hips Don't Lie by Shakira. I have no idea why I decided to do a massive throwback but I'm glad I have because this song takes me right back to years ago. I love the beat, I love how everyone knows this song, and especially how easy it is so sing along to it (even the Spanish parts!). 

Alongside that, I have also loved re-listening to The Internet's album Feel Good. The whole album is amazing, but my favourite songs from it are Dontcha and You Don't Even Know. The band is a mixture of soul, RnB, and funk and is good ambience music to listen to if you just want something in the background, and I eve used it as background music when I was revising for exams. Another album I've been re-listening to is Leave Me Alone by the all-girl band Hinds. Their energy and vibe is easy to see through their music, and their easy-going and all-round #Girlboss attitude is amazing and kinda inspiring too. 

Now, I'm not a Drake fan, but when his album Views dropped, I gave some of it a listen due to the hype and I think the only song I can listen to over and over and over again is One Dance. I love the vibe and vocals and it's just an all-round good song. 

Another throwback has been listening to old Beyonce songs, like Irreplaceable, Ego, and Countdown. Since Lemonade dropped, I have been listening to Bey non-stop! You can really hear the maturity of her voice developing when contrasting her older songs with songs in Lemonade. 

Red Hot Chili Peppers also dropped their new album The Getaway, and I haven't been able to get enough of its lead single Dark Necessities. Their older albums always get a thorough listening to, so this is an excellent time to listen to something new.

What have you guys been listening to? Tell me below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for checking out this post!