Trying to Vegan (+ Recipe!)

March 23, 2017


I've been feeling so inspired to start eating more plant-based food ever since I stumbled on the "What I Eat in a Day" videos of Lisa Lorles and Kicki Yang Zhang. Ever since then, I've been cooking and eating more vegan dishes (like the one above) and so far it's going pretty well.

I used to be vegetarian a couple of years ago, and I managed to go strong for a year and a half. Now, I want to try and incorporate more healthier dishes into my diet. I've started drinking more smoothies packed with fruit and veg, eating avocados (which I hate, but... you know... healthy), and drinking 2 litres of water a day, which for me, is a lot of trips to the bathroom! Watching What I Eat in a Day videos certainly help with giving me more inspiration with what to cook, my favourites being fried rice with tofu and lots and lots of vegetables, which I have the recipe for!

For the rice, I was particularly lazy this day, so I bought some from a Thai stand in town - not healthy I know, but so so delicious all the same. The rice was cooked with kale, broccoli, carrots, bean sprouts, sweet chili sauce, and soy sauce. When I got home, I marinted the tofu in a mixture of soy sauce and sweet chili sauce after draining it and pressing it between two plates for 15 minutes. I cut the tofu up in triangles and fried it in coconut oil until it was crispy on both sides. Cutting up some red pepper and carrot and tossing it into the delicious tofu made this dish easy super easy.

When I tell you I wish I could be eating this again right now, I am 100% serious! This was so easy to do, and with the exception of the rice, completely home made.

Expect some more vegan dishes soon!

See you in the next one!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for checking out this post!